Addiction treatment programs can be beneficial for many different types of people. However, customized programs can be more effective since they target your needs. A young adult treatment program can provide people in their late teens and twenties with the most appropriate therapies to help them feel understood and respected as they navigate recovery.
At Promises Brazos Valley, we understand that young people’s needs to overcome addiction differ somewhat from those of older adults. We take the time to understand what our clients are going through and where they are coming from to provide individualized treatment plans for everyone who walks through our doors. To learn more about how we tailor rehab for young adults, reach out to us today at 979.426.0086.
Young Adult Rehab Expectations
As a young adult, your everyday challenges may differ somewhat from those of other adults. You may still live at home and struggle with family relationships. You may feel uncertain about your place in the world and what you desire for your future. Your young adult years can carry a lot of pressure to make the right choices so that you set yourself up for success. If you feel overwhelmed, you may choose to self-medicate with drugs or alcohol to escape for a while. You need a treatment approach that considers your unique struggles to overcome substance dependence.
Young adult rehab considers the most common problem that young people deal with today. The most significant difference in rehab for young adults is the therapies provided. The individual, group, and family counseling will address the most pressing issues for young adults, such as:
- Peer pressure – Older adults, do not deal with peer pressure nearly as much. As a young person, you likely want to fit in and do not want to disappoint your friends. If people in your social circle use drugs or alcohol, you are much more likely to participate.
- School obligations – Your parents, may put a lot of pressure on you to attend a particular school or get a certain degree. If you are unhappy with their choice, you may deal with it by using drugs or alcohol. A heavy course load at school can also lead to substance use, such as taking amphetamines to help you stay up late and study.
- Work expectations – If you have just started your career, you may feel nervous about meeting your new employer’s expectations.
- Financial worries – If you have recently moved out of your parent’s home, the onslaught of bills that come with living on your own can sometimes be scary. You may try to numb yourself from these worries with alcohol or benzodiazepines.
Behavioral and holistic therapies offered as part of rehab for young adults will cover the above and other relevant topics for young people. Addressing the root of the problem can help remove triggers for substance use from your life.
What Happens in Young Adult Rehab?
Young adult rehab programs will gather people in their late teens and twenties who are experiencing similar situations with addiction. You will receive equal treatment to other adults, but group therapy sessions will cover the most useful topics for your recovery. The typical components of rehab for young adults are:
- Medication for withdrawal and mental health conditions
- Support from staff, peers, and support groups
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy
- Family Counseling
- Holistic therapies like meditation, yoga, art, music, and nature therapy
When you choose rehab for young adults, you may feel more comfortable being in the company of others in your age range who can understand what you are experiencing.
Find the Young Adult Rehab You Need at Promises Brazos Valley
If you or a young adult in your life needs addiction treatment, you can count on the young adult rehab program at Promises Brazos Valley. Our young adult rehab considers the needs of young people in today’s world, so they get the most effective treatment. Reach out to us at 979.426.0086 to learn more about our rehab for young adults.