Our clients come first. Here are a few COVID-19 precautions we take:
- Rapid COVID-19 antigen testing is now available to our clients at each of the Promises facilities.
- We test all incoming clients at the time of admission.
- We will be doing antigen testing for 100% of our staff in high-risk areas as defined by the local health department or, in the absence of health department guidelines, the CDC.
Welcome To Rooted: Promises Behavioral Health Alumni Communities
Rooted is a free service provided to alumni from any of the Promises family of treatment centers, including Promises Brazos Valley treatment center. Alumni clients can attend for life and are offered weekly meetings at a variety of cities nationwide. Rooted also offers online meetings and connections through our virtual meetings on the Zoom platform.
As society pivots to meet the social adjustments needed for purposeful distancing, we have adjusted our sails to navigate these winds. We continue to lead our alumni and others in recovery even through these storms while continuing to provide meaningful avenues of connection.
Come join us for our weekly Recovery Stories! We share stories of struggle, hope and recovery.
National Director of Alumni
Promises Behavioral Health
Phone: (281) ROOTED1
Staying connected after you complete your addiction treatment program is one of the most critical elements to recovery. That’s why alumni programs are enormously helpful in making sure that you are cared for and supported as you move through your recovery experience. At Promises Brazos Valley, we are dedicated to your sobriety story from the start and will be there to guide you towards the life you want. To learn more about our Rooted alumni programs at Promises Brazos Valley., contact us today.
What is an Alumni Program?
The alumni program is one of the aftercare program options that we offer at Promises Brazos Valley. Our Rooted alumni program connects the people who have completed our substance abuse treatment program or our mental health treatment program. Some of the alumni in the program met their treatment requirements only a few months ago. While others went through their treatment years ago. The time difference doesn’t matter; what does matter is the help and support you receive from other people trying to remain sober.
Usually, an alumni program involves gatherings of people who have completed the Promises rehab programs and our alumni coordinator staff. It also includes having access to treatment resources and information.
Benefits of an Alumni Program
One of the main advantages of an alumni program is that you get to connect and listen to people who have been through the same situations as you. That way, you can learn how to cope with your triggers and better understand other peoples’ experiences. Along the way, you also have the same opportunity to share your story with someone else who may be in the same situation.
Besides the advantage of social support, an alumni program allows you to practice the relapse prevention skills you receive in treatment. Your skills may include:
- How to manage stress, remain calm or deal with anxiety without turning to drugs or alcohol
- Using cognitive-behavioral skills to help you to stay in touch with your emotions and avoid negative behavioral patterns
- Social connections and interactions with the people around you in a positive manner
- How to solve problems when you encounter daily triggers
During an alumni program, you can practice these skills with other people in a safe, stress-free environment. As a result, you can strengthen and maintain your recovery, which allows you to manage any challenges or triggers that you encounter in your day-to-day life.
What to Expect
Every alumni program has unique attributes. One thing that remains the same is that you can connect with the people around you. As a result, you can keep in touch with the people you met and formed relationships with during your treatment program.
The Promises Rooted Alumni program includes:
- Weekly alumni meetings with former Promises Brazos Valley graduates
- “Eat n’ Speak” meetings with refreshments and speakers
- Virtual alumni meetings
- Private Promises alumni Facebook page
- Email connections
- Help finding other support options, such as a 12-step program or sober living facilities
- Annual alumni homecomings
Through these events, you can find people who are willing to invest in your success as you strive to reach your goals. You never have to feel like you are alone as you work to stay sober.
Contact Promises Brazos Valley Today
At Promises Brazos Valley, we can give you the support and care you need to regain your life. In addition to our alumni program, we also provide a wide range of alcohol and drug treatment programs. To learn more about our alumni program, contact us today at 888.393.0391