Do you have questions?
Call our free helpline now.
Do you need help with addiction or co-occurring mental health conditions? With a wide range of therapeutic approaches available, it can be overwhelming to determine which one is best suited for your needs. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is a popular treatment option that has helped countless individuals overcome various psychological challenges.
If mental health or addiction issues interfere with your daily life, you may benefit from cognitive-behavioral therapy in Brazos Valley. Reach out to Promises Brazos Valley at 979.426.0086 to learn more about our programs, ranging from residential treatment to outpatient programs, such as partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) and intensive outpatient programs (IOPs).
What Is Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral therapy is a type of psychotherapy that seeks to identify and target the underlying causes of problematic behaviors. Cognitive-behavioral therapy combines cognitive and behavioral approaches to help individuals understand how their thoughts, feelings, and behavior interact. It focuses on assisting people to learn new skills for managing difficult situations with greater ease.
CBT is a widely recognized and evidence-based approach emphasizing the connection between thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. You can improve emotional regulation and encourage more productive behaviors by identifying and challenging unhelpful thought processes.
What Can Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Help With?
Due to its versatility, cognitive-behavioral therapy is one of the most commonly used therapeutic modalities. CBT is particularly effective in treating conditions such as:
- Borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Substance use disorders (SUDs)
This is just a small assortment of the many issues that cognitive-behavioral therapy can help with. Because CBT techniques apply to many areas of life, this treatment approach can be adapted to address any struggle you encounter.
The Benefits of a CBT Program
Cognitive-behavioral therapy offers numerous benefits for people seeking to improve their mental health and overcome addiction. A few reasons you may want to consider enrolling in a CBT program are:
- Fast results – Many clients prefer CBT’s time-limited nature, which usually requires fewer sessions than other therapeutic modalities.
- Cost-effective – Since there are typically fewer sessions involved with CBT, it will likely cost less than other forms of therapy that require long-term treatment.
- Versatility – As mentioned, CBT can address most life issues, so you can find relief from stress, substance use disorders, and co-occurring mental health conditions. The coping strategies you learn in your CBT sessions can be applied to these and many other difficulties.
- Effectiveness – CBT targets the root causes of mental health issues and addiction, which tend to be maladaptive thought patterns and behaviors. By getting to the core of your problems, CBT promotes lasting change and empowers you to regain control of your life.
Enroll in a CBT program near you to start enjoying the versatility and wide-reaching benefits of cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Is CBT Right for You?
If you have yet to try therapy, you may be unsure if cognitive-behavioral therapy is right for you. Since it is so versatile, this therapeutic modality benefits most people. But you can also ask yourself the following questions to help determine if you should consider a CBT program:
- Do you struggle with mental health or substance use disorders?
- Are you interested in a goal-oriented approach?
- Are you committed to practicing the strategies learned in therapy sessions?
Cognitive-behavioral therapy may also be a good fit if you are looking for fast results. CBT is typically a short-term therapy, with many clients experiencing noticeable improvements within 20 sessions. Unlike other forms of therapy, which can involve years of treatment, CBT often lasts just a few months.
Find Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in Texas at Promises Brazos Valley
To start experiencing the benefits of cognitive-behavioral therapy in Brazos Valley, reach out to Promises Brazos Valley at 979.426.0086 or through our online form. One of our friendly team members will set you up with an intake assessment, so we can help you find the right level of care for your needs.