Do you have questions?
Call our free helpline now.
The opioid epidemic continues to be a significant concern, but there are plenty of other addictive drugs that can destroy a person’s life. Drug rehab programs equipped to handle all types of addictions—including sedatives, psychedelics, and stimulants—are crucial to putting a dent in the substance abuse statistics.
If you are ready to commit to a drug rehab program in Texas, you can count on Promises Brazos Valley as your guide. Our addiction treatment programs utilize a whole-person approach, considering your mental, physical, and emotional needs. Call us at 979.426.0086 to learn more.
What Is a Drug Rehab Program?
A drug rehab program is a treatment that assists individuals struggling with addiction to prescription or illicit drugs. These programs can take place in various settings, such as:
- Detox programs
- Inpatient programs
- Outpatient programs
- Sober housing
Drug rehab programs can treat addiction to various drugs, but the most common addictions involve opioid drugs. While some drug rehab programs are more general, you can find programs designed specifically for certain drugs. This allows you to receive more targeted treatment based on the unique withdrawal symptoms you may experience from stimulants, depressants, painkillers, or psychedelics.
Do You Need a Drug Rehab Program?
Recognizing when casual drug use has shifted into addiction can make you aware of the need for drug rehab. Some of the signs to look for are:
- Needing larger doses of the drug to achieve the same effects – When one 0.25 mg tablet of Xanax is no longer adequate to calm your nerves, or it takes a bigger hit of heroin to achieve euphoria, you have developed a tolerance to the drug. This is an early warning sign that you are headed for addiction.
- Drugs have become the focal point in your life – Spending most of your time getting high, crashing, or thinking about your next dose means that drugs have taken over your life and are keeping you from doing the things that will bring you greater health and happiness.
- Having issues at work, home, or school – If your work or school performance is suffering because of your drug use, an intervention is necessary to stop the downward spiral. This is also true if you are neglecting your responsibilities at home.
- Continuing to use drugs despite the consequences – If you cannot stop using drugs even after developing health problems, losing your job, or ending your relationship, you need professional help to prevent further damage.
No matter how long you have misused drugs or how severe your addiction is, it is never too late to seek help from a drug rehab program. Your life can get better, but it is up to you to commit to treatment.
The Benefits of Drug Rehab
Drug rehab programs offer numerous benefits for those struggling with addiction. A few reasons you may want to consider enrolling in drug rehab are:
- Having a safe environment free of drugs or alcohol – This reduces temptation in the early stages of your recovery. If you have a severe addiction, inpatient drug rehab can provide this environment 24/7.
- Being around others who support your recovery – If you live with people who still use drugs or alcohol, it can be challenging to garner the support you need to quit. In drug rehab, you will have the support of your care team and your peers in recovery. This can help keep you going, even when times get tough and you worry you may relapse.
- Getting to the root of addiction – Quitting drugs for good requires a more holistic approach, as it will take more than detox to address underlying issues like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and trauma. Drug rehab addresses the whole person’s needs through medication and various therapies.
If you are dedicated to ridding your life of drugs, seeking help from a drug rehab program is your best option.