If you are determined to overcome addiction but cannot attend residential treatment, you may be interested in virtual addiction help. A virtual intensive outpatient program can provide you with a higher level of care than a traditional outpatient program without stepping foot into the facility. All you need is a computer or mobile device, an internet connection, and a commitment to recovery.
At Promises Brazos Valley, we want to make addiction treatment as accessible as possible, so we offer virtual outpatient treatment as part of our programs. We believe that nothing should stand in the way of your recovery, and we are dedicated to helping you in any way we can. Call us today at 979.426.0086 to learn more about our virtual addiction treatment programs and how they can help you heal wherever you are.
The Rise of Virtual Addiction Help
The pandemic required many addiction treatment facilities to close their doors or drastically reduce their capacities temporarily. While this was done to maintain everyone’s safety, it left some people struggling with drug or alcohol addiction on their own. To continue helping clients throughout the pandemic, many treatment centers began to offer virtual addiction treatment.
Virtual outpatient treatment allows physicians, nurses, and other facility staff to provide telehealth support to new or existing clients. Virtual addiction help offers various benefits during the pandemic and beyond:
- It eliminates the need to find transportation to the treatment center, which is especially beneficial for people who do not drive or have a vehicle.
- It is convenient. Since clients do not need to leave their homes for treatment, it can fit more easily into their schedules. Virtual addiction treatment allows many people to maintain a job without trying to work treatment around their work schedule.
- It is discreet. Some people may be hesitant to attend treatment because they do not want others to know about their addiction. Virtual outpatient treatment allows them to get treatment in the privacy of their own home.
Although teletherapy was around before the pandemic, it was not utilized by all treatment facilities. However, you can now easily access virtual addiction treatment.
Is Virtual Outpatient Treatment Right for You?
As convenient as a virtual addiction treatment is, it is not necessarily the best choice for everyone. You may be a good candidate for virtual outpatient treatment if:
- You’re fully committed to your recovery. You will not receive 24/7 supervision from virtual treatment, so you must be dedicated to overcoming your addiction.
- You need addiction treatment with a schedule that allows you to continue working your full-time job. Virtual outpatient treatment offers optimal convenience since you do not need to travel to the center, and you can engage in your treatment sessions from anywhere.
- Transportation or convenient locations are stopping you from getting help for addiction. If you do not have access to reliable transportation or you live in a rural area that is not close to treatment centers, you may put off getting help. Virtual addiction help removes this barrier.
The wide availability of virtual addiction treatment means that your recovery is just a phone call away.
How Does Virtual Addiction Treatment Work?
The main difference between an in-person and virtual addiction treatment program is that your sessions take place online or over the phone in a virtual program. Virtual addiction treatment typically involves:
- An initial assessment of your current state of health and the severity of your addiction
- Development of an appropriate treatment plan
- Individual counseling sessions with a therapist
- Group therapy sessions
- Check-ins from a physician
All of your treatment sessions will occur either by phone or video chat. Some treatment centers may also conduct random virtual drug testing through the use of an oral swab. If you require medication-assisted treatment, you will likely meet with a psychiatrist or physician to obtain a prescription. In some cases, you may even be able to have your prescription mailed to you.
Find Virtual Addiction Help at Promises Brazos Valley
At Promises Brazos Valley, we understand the common roadblocks to getting addiction treatment. We offer virtual outpatient treatment to ensure that everyone who needs help can get it without worrying about transportation or convenient schedules. Reach out to us today 979.426.0086 to learn more about how our outpatient addiction treatment can help you overcome addiction on your own terms.