At Promises Brazos Valley, we understand that taking the first step toward recovery can be challenging, especially when you’re unsure of what to expect. One common question we hear from individuals considering our addiction treatment programs is, “How long does withdrawal last?”
To get clarity on this topic, you can contact our team online or call 979.426.0086 today. Our caring and compassionate team is ready to answer your questions and remind you that you’re not alone in your journey to recovery. We’re here to help every step of the way.
What Are the Signs of Addiction?
Recognizing the signs of addiction is the first step toward recovery. They may include:
- Consistent use of the substance despite adverse consequences
- Unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control substance use
- Spending a significant amount of time obtaining, using, or recovering from the substance
- Experiencing cravings for the substance
- Neglecting responsibilities at home, work, or school due to substance use
- Continuing to use the substance even when it causes or worsens physical or psychological problems
Addiction often starts innocently, with a person trying a substance out of curiosity, to cope with stress, or due to peer pressure. Over time, casual use can escalate into dependence and eventually addiction. As the body becomes accustomed to the substance, it requires more to achieve the same effects. When the substance is reduced or removed, withdrawal symptoms can occur.
How Long Does Withdrawal Last?
The length of withdrawal varies widely depending on several factors, including the type of substance used, the duration of addiction, the severity of addiction, and the individual’s overall health. Worrisome withdrawal symptoms to watch out for include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Insomnia or excessive drowsiness
- Irritability or agitation
- Anxiety or panic attacks
- Muscle aches and pains
- Hallucinations or delirium tremens (DTs)
Generally, withdrawal symptoms can start within a few hours to a few days after the last use and can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. In some cases, specific symptoms like cravings or mood disturbances can last for months or longer.
Withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable and, in some cases, dangerous. That’s why it’s crucial to have professional support during this period. At Promises Brazos Valley, our medically monitored detox program provides a safe and comfortable environment for withdrawal, with medical professionals on hand to manage symptoms and ensure safety.
Why Is Addiction Treatment Crucial?
Addiction treatment is vital for several reasons:
- It provides a safe and controlled environment for detoxification.
- It offers therapeutic support to address the root causes of addiction.
- It equips individuals with coping strategies to prevent relapse.
- It helps individuals rebuild their lives in a healthy and positive manner.
At Promises Brazos Valley, we offer a comprehensive range of addiction treatment services, from residential treatment to outpatient care. Our therapies are designed to equip you with the tools needed for long-term sobriety. Our caring and compassionate team is dedicated to helping you achieve lasting recovery.
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, know that there is hope for a better tomorrow. We will be by your side every step of the way as you embark on your journey to recovery.
Enroll in Addiction Treatment at Promises Brazos Valley in Texas
So, how long does withdrawal last when you’re trying to overcome addiction? The journey to recovery may seem daunting, but remember that you’re not alone. Withdrawal is just one part of the more extensive recovery process. At Promises Brazos Valley, we’re committed to supporting you every step of the way, offering professional care tailored to your unique needs. Contact our team online or call 979.426.0086 today and take the first step towards a healthier, sober future.