Considering drug rehab can be a difficult decision, but it is also a life-changing one. It is only natural that you may feel a bit nervous about beginning treatment. Knowing how to prepare for drug rehab will help make the process smoother so you can feel more confident on your first day.
At Promises Brazos Valley, we realize you may have many concerns about starting drug rehab for the first time. Call us at 979.426.0086 to speak with one of our friendly staff members who can answer your questions.
How to Prepare for Drug Rehab
Drug addiction is a severe condition that can have devastating consequences if left untreated. Taking the first step toward recovery by enrolling in treatment should inspire pride. If you are anxious about going into treatment, here are some tips on how to prepare for rehab to help ease your mind.
Consider How You Will Pay for Treatment
If you have health insurance, you should contact your insurer to ensure that your plan covers the cost of drug rehab. Many programs now cover some or all of the costs of addiction treatment.
If your health insurance provider does not cover your drug rehab of choice or will not cover the program in full, you can look for a rehab that offers free or low-cost treatment. Some facilities can also set up a payment plan, so you do not have to pay it all simultaneously.
Arrange for Family Support
The most important support you can have during rehab is your family. They will be there when you return home and can provide encouragement and motivation when things get tough.
Talk with your loved ones about how you want them to participate in your recovery process. A few things to consider:
- Would you like them to attend family therapy sessions with you?
- How often would you want them to visit you if you are doing inpatient rehab?
- How often would you like to speak to them on the phone?
- Are there any responsibilities you will need help with during treatment? Do you need someone to care for your children or pets while you go to rehab?
- Do you need help getting to the facility? Can family members drive you to your sessions?
You can also seek support from close friends who you can trust to have your back while you recover.
Talk to Your Employer
Talking to your employer about your rehab plans may be wise if you are employed. It can be beneficial if you need to take some time off work to attend treatment sessions. If there is a human resources department at your company, they could also help connect you with any available employee assistance programs.
What Will Be Impacted By Your Drug Rehab?
Knowing how to prepare for rehab involves more than just your treatment program. You also need to think about other aspects of your life that will be impacted by your recovery, such as:
- Your social circle – If friends engage in drug misuse, creating distance while you are in recovery is essential. Being around others using drugs can make it difficult for you to abstain.
- Your home environment – A calm, supportive home environment is crucial for recovery. If there is a lot of tension at home or people in your household use drugs, you may need to consider sober housing or relocating to another living situation.
- Your free time – When you are in recovery, you will have free time open up that was once filled by drug misuse. Find new, healthy activities to fill that gap, so you do not struggle with boredom and feel tempted to return to addiction.
Addressing the above factors before beginning rehab can help ensure success during and after treatment.
Overcome Addiction at Promises Brazos Valley’s Drug Rehab
If you or someone you love is struggling with drug addiction, it is essential to know that recovery is possible. Promises Brazos Valley offers a wide range of treatment options and will continue to provide resources long after you complete your program. Contact Promises Brazos Valley today at 979.426.0086 to learn more.